Miscellaneous Weekend Activities

 Homemade Laundry Soap 

We finally got to the end of our bucket of laundry soap, so Saturday was the day to replenish our supply. I used the same recipe we have used for the past several years. It is low-tox, easy, and quick to make. You can find the instructions on our website here. This time, instead of adding tea tree oil like I usually do, I used rosemary oil, which also has anti-microbial properties.


I like to keep a small bottle of laundry soap on hand as a back up just in case I pack the laundry downstairs only to find the soap bucket empty - as I did on Saturday. I found this brand that I like really well. It has only five ingredients and yet seems to work quite well.


Another Jean Quilt in the Works

I also spent some time on Saturday cutting out blocks for another jean quilt. I finally have enough pieces for the jean side and have just started cutting strips to make blocks for the other side. I have made a quilt of some kind for each of our children - regular quilts for the girls and jean quilts for the boys. Now I am finally taking the time to put together a quilt my husband and I can use for picnics.

If you would like to see previous jean quilt projects, you can find them on the website here.

Ground Cherries & Peas

We had a respite from the snow and cold weather that was predicted for this past week.  That meant I was able to harvest another handful of ripe ground cherries. Yay! 

My fall garden pea patch experiment has gone well (i.e. the plants have gotten quite tall in spite of the late planting), but I am pretty sure they will be done after the cold snap forecast for next week. It is good to know they grow well in our area, so I have added them to my must-plant list for next spring. Incidentally, these seeds are from the can of seeds I mentioned last week. They all sprouted, even after spending all those years in storage!

Prepped Living Logo

Our youngest daughter introduced me to Canva and I spent a bit of time trying out logos. Here is the latest version that I used in my newsletter.  What do you think of it?  


If you are not on the newsletter list and would like to be added, let me know.
 I will be happy to add you!

Weekend Campfire

We closed out the weekend relaxing by the fire the boys built in the outside fire pit. There is something about the warmth and the mesmerizing nature of simply watching flames that is so relaxing. I ended up sleeping quite well that night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Glassed Eggs & Homemade Butter

Fried Daisies, Yarrow Tea, and DIY Rose Oil

Garden Report - 10/9/23